NO_PUBKEY Errors On update?

General support for the Pi-Star System
G0KDT

NO_PUBKEY Errors On update?

Post by G0KDT »

Please can somebody help, I am not that familiar with Linux and when updating am getting the attached error message in the texts after using 'sudo apt update'?

I hope somebody can help.
Thank you.
G0KDT

Re: NO_PUBKEY Errors On update?

Post by G0KDT »

Sorry it seems the forum will not let me attach the screenshot .png file that I have of teh error message and I am damned if I can see how to capture the message to share it. Sorry for wasting your time.
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

Does this answer your question? <viewtopic.php?p=23456&hilit=keyserver#p23456>
G0KDT

Post by G0KDT »

Thank you for the kind try Mark. I am sorry I didn't locate that post when I searched using PUB-KEY.

Suffice to say, I looked at the 'code' snippets and I did try them but got more errors on attempting to obtain the first keys. The Key reference numbers that you had posted were exactly the ones that popped up when I had tried 'Sudo Apt update' because I checked before I used the code snippets.

I tried;

rpi-rw
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9

and got the following response;

Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.M5hhHMjAvC/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keyserver.unbuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No name

So either I am not understanding what I need to do or there is another issue?

Thank you again for your kind help
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

Looks like you've got a typo: it should be "ubuntu" not "unbuntu":

Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.M5hhHMjAvC/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keyserver.unbuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0E98404D386FA1D9
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No name
G0KDT

Post by G0KDT »

Stupid me, I should have looked more closely. In my mind I guess I have always had uNbuntu which is clearly wrong - can't you tell I have not got that familiar with Linux.

Thank you again.

EDIT: finally got to re-try and correct my error. All worked. So really do appreciate your kind help.