Sporadic RX Issue on DMR

Help with DMR issues
KN4QZM

Sporadic RX Issue on DMR

Post by KN4QZM »

I don't think this is a hat issue since I'm on my 2nd duplex hat on my pi3 and I have another duplex hotspot, a pi4, and it does it to. Not often but on occasion during a QSO on DMR, on various BM TGs or PC to 9990, I will key my AnyTone 878 but the dashboard shows no activity. If I unkey and key-up again, it will work. I tried the different hat and got my BER down to .1 to .3 and like I said, this happens on the other hotspot as well. It won't do it on initial key-up since there is a true handshake, but during a QSO there is no handshake. That said, has anyone tried to make one of the "hang" or "mode" settings down to "0" so we can have a handshake each time? Anyone else experience this issue? Any ideas for a solution?
Thanks,
Eli
K2ELI (formerly KN4QZM)
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Sporadic RX Issue on DMR

Post by M1DNS »

If ur running multimode this can and does happen. It might take a moment for the mmdvm to lock to DMR mode. Try setting to dmr fixed mode and see if it persits.

Also if ur quick on the ptt this can also happen, so as per the recommendations youll read everywhere, leave a gap of approx 2seconds before you reply.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KN4QZM

Re: Sporadic RX Issue on DMR

Post by KN4QZM »

Thanks for the reply. Only DMR is active. As for keying up too fast, not sure on that one but I will pause more since you mentioned it.