Simplex-Duplex and Disconnects

MMDVM_HS Hat hardware
K1NRG

Simplex-Duplex and Disconnects

Post by K1NRG »

I have a jstro Duplex MMDVM running pi-star 4.1.6 with latest updates

I'm using a Btech DMR-6X2 (Anytone 878)

Setup in Simplex was easy and I'm using 433.000.000 with -500 Offset to get BER down to near zero

DMR Net and DMR2YSF are active and I can connect to either one

Disconnect works for TG 4000 and TG 7004000 as long as it isn't busy

I got duplex working between the Btech and Hotspot by setting TX and RX 10Mhz apart from 5.

Now using 433.000.000 TX and 423.000.000 RX on Radio.

Did a quick test with a busy TG on TS1 and sending a disconnect on TS2 didn't release TG on TS1. Still get TG audio on Band A even though I'm now on Band B with different Zone and TG. Radio quirks? TG info also takes over entire display and makes it difficult to make changes and select a TG on the other TS (based on the channel I've selected).

I have Hotspot1 using TS1 and Hotspot2 using TS2 both on Zone 2 and rest of my digitals on Zone1.

I select Hotspot1 on Band A and Hotspot2 on Band B

The plan was to be able to Disconnect on Hotspot2 while a TG was busy on Hotspot1 but it doesn't seem to work.

Any definitive word on how to disconnect between two TS?

Also, the BM API 'Drop QSO' or 'Drop all dynamic' returns 'no response' instead of OK. If I use the website and 'Drop Dynamic Groups on slot 1' it takes about 20 sec to actually drop then I have to refresh the pi-star page to see it gone from Dynamic TGs. Not being totally familiar with the interaction with BM I'm guessing this is normal but the API doesn't seem to be working.

If I can sort the disconnect thing I'll be good to go!