YSF2DMR and YSF Mode Won't Activate

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
K1NRG

YSF2DMR and YSF Mode Won't Activate

Post by K1NRG »

Setting up (expanding) Hotspot in Duplex

DMR and DMR2YSF works fine

Adding YSF and YSF2DMR, YSF not set after applying changes (YSF2DMR is)

Looking in Expert Mode, System Fusion and System Fusion Network are both zero, setting them to 1 now shows YSF Mode in config on but YSF2DMR in Network Status on Admin screen is not green and YSF XMode is also not green.

Something isn't allowing the YSF and YSF2DMR to get set and activated.

Every time I make a change in the Yaesu System Fusion Config section, YSF comes back turned off and I have to go back into expert again and set System Fusion and System Fusion Network to 1. I'm going around in circles and these settings refuse to stay set. Something strange going on here.

Settings:

YSF Startup Host: YSD00002
UPPERCASE: On
Passthru: Off (but changed it to On for DTID to set TG and not FG)
DMR TG 4000 (Not really used - all control via DTIDs)

Progress: now connected and if I key in #00091# on the 400 it connects to TG91 (had to set WiresX Passthru On, was getting FG91).

Receiving audio now on the 400 connected to TG91 but when I connect a second radio via DMR to TG91 on same hotspot there is no audio on the second radio - TX from DMR not heard on 400 (but meter moves) and TX from 400 not showing up on the DMR radio. Maybe you can only connect one radio at a time to the hotspot? Anyway, I now have the 400 connecting to DMR TGs so all is good. Must figure out how to change YSF rooms on radio and not go to TGs.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: YSF2DMR and YSF Mode Won't Activate

Post by M1DNS »

You cant go in ysf (RF) and come out DMR (RF) on the same hotspot. If thats what ur testing.

The path is rf to network.
Or Network to rf

YSF rf to DMR network.
Or DMR rf you YSF network.

The rf paths on the hotspot dont cross

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Thanks for clarification - that's what I figured.

Still have to figure out or just deal with the Config Settings resetting. Now that I have it working, I just made a backup I can quickly restore to get things back to working state.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

Today I fired up the FTM-400, keyed up to the Hotspot and I see YSF Gateway and RF activity but when I press the Dx button it doesn't connect. Was working (finally) yesterday. I even rebooted the hotspot, no joy. Activity target shows DG-ID 127. Wish I could post a screenshot...
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

I now have the FTM-400 connecting to a local YSF Reflector.

I have WiresX passthru and UPPERCASE set off.

I'm now getting a list of reflectors when searching for All

But #<TG Num># no longer works. Passthru needs to be on? Or use special DTID code?
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Yes you need passthrough enabled to use the cross modes.

You can dial ysf reflectors using similar...

#5digit-ysf-reflector-no#
ie #12345#

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
K1NRG

Post by K1NRG »

I have YSF2DMR working now. Set Config to Startup Host: None, Passthrough On, DMR TG to 4000.

Use the radio to navigate and be sure to unlink DMR TG (04000) then YSF2DMR (00002) when done.

* After applying changes to Config, you may have to enter expert mode and set Fusion System and Fusion System Network back to 1 (gets reset to zero for some reason).