FTM-400DXR Assistance Needed

Radio Equipment that can be used in Amateur Radio and where to get them. User support for those little problems that frequently occur and other little issues relation to Radio Equipment
K1NRG

FTM-400DXR Assistance Needed

Post by K1NRG »

If anyone has the 400 and has successfully connected to a HotSpot, selected a YSF Room, and was able to tap on the room to get the magic second page with the Add button to put it into a Category please contact me.

Every room I select and tap on returns 'No Data' and never the screen with the Add Button.

Tried in Duplex and Simplex, DRM2YSF on and off, YSF2DMR on and off, just YSF and still no joy.

I watched two YT videos of guys with an FT-2D tap on the room and get a second screen with an Add button to put the room into a Category. One guy even used YSF2DMR, selected a TG, and tapped on it to get the second screen with add button. Not on my 400 :cry:

Running pi-star 4.1.6 and my DMR radio has NO issues connecting or using DMR2YSF. The 400 is challenging my patience and I'm a retired IT guy that understands this stuff. Hate to think what a noob is going through getting this to work...

UPDATE: It appears that Yaesu has removed this 'feature' from the 400 but it works fin on the cheaper FT-2D HT that the guy who made the YT video showing how to do it was using. Thanks Yaesu for removing useful features from an expensive radio. Discussed in the Facebook FTM-400 group.
K1NRG

Re: FTM-400DXR Assistance Needed

Post by K1NRG »

It looks like it is not possible to use the 400 (or 500) with pi-star hotspots if you want to get the YSF room/TG menu to add to category. Would be interesting to know what they are doing differently so pi-star could implement for the 400/500 to work.