Brandmeister: Repeater ID has wrong configuration...

General support for the Pi-Star System
KK7BCO

Brandmeister: Repeater ID has wrong configuration...

Post by KK7BCO »

Hello,
I am having difficulty setting up my new pistar hotspot.

I am just trying to breach an understanding of DMR, so I may be approaching this from a less easy angle. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Hardware: Duplex MMDVM hat on a Pi Zero W (1st gen, since new ones weren't available). 2A power supply.
Software: PiStar 4.1.7

After initial configuration I decided to connect it to Brandmeister, and get the following error:

Script Engine: Repeater ID 3196699 has wrong configuration (174.73.253.142)

I tried changing the password on Brandmeister to make sure that it wasn't a punctuation error, this made no difference. The other thing that I notice from tutorial documentation is that the repeater ID should have 9 characters, i.e. 319669901. I have tried configuring this in the PiStar General Configuration, but when I go to Apply Changes it returns to the 7 digit code.

Thank you for your patience,

Tobias - KK7BCO
YL3IM

Re: Brandmeister: Repeater ID has wrong configuration...

Post by YL3IM »

M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

Dont enter ur ID as the full 9 digit group. Use the default 7 digits and add the SSID using the drop down in the DMR section of the config.

Id say from the error message something is not configured correctly.

BM have a check in place to ensure ur setup is what you say it is.

Duplex = two freqs entered as different values. Simplex = 2 freqs entered as the same values. etc. etc.

Rptr ID's are usually 6 digit not 7.
If ur a rptr use a 6 digit ID
If ur a duplex hotspot u'd use a 7digit id (+SSID)

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KK7BCO

Post by KK7BCO »

M1DNS, thank you for the help.

I hadn't seen the drop down for the SSID - hence my thinking I was to just add two digits to my ID. Oddly even there, 01 was not accepted, I had to use 02. The SSID is now showing on the Brandmeister report, but I still have the same error. More troubleshooting when I have time.

On a side-note, as someone starting with DMR, who normally just plays with simplex and HF, is Brandmeister the place to start anyway? (my DMR HT is an Anytone 878 UVII).

M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

It is the biggest DMR network for certain, with the busiest TG's so you wont be long before you find someone to chat with.
Be mindful though worldwide, and statewide TG's have 10min defaults where your encourage to move to other tgs (TAC groups) if you want to chew away for longer overs.

Have a look at the DMR link on the pistar landing page. pistar.uk youll see links there for most all the tgs of the various networks and while ur there... the Anytone extras link might interest you also.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
KK7BCO

Post by KK7BCO »

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THE ERROR I HAD, try changing the General Configuration / Radio/Modem Type. After hunting around I decided to try switching this a couple of times, and got the right one (yes, I thought I had it right before). What's written on the PCB may not be what corresponds "correctly" to the pi-star settings.

Thank you everyone for your help. Now I can dive into the world of DMR properly.