YSF problems after last Pistar upgrades v.4.1.7 – 4.1.8

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
IK4SWW

YSF problems after last Pistar upgrades v.4.1.7 – 4.1.8

Post by IK4SWW »

Hi all,

It seems that with the last Pistar upgrades to version 4.1.7, 4.1.8 the YSF section has some working problem; several italian amateurs claims this situation.
At the first startup, the Pistar works fine for some minutes; after this time the Pistar doesn’t send on the network your transmission, even if the dashboard reports your transmission.
A temporary workaround, in order to solve it, is to go on the Pistar “Configuration page” and click on “Apply changes” even if you didn’t do any changes. After that, the Pistar seems to work fine, after you restart the services.
We hypothesize that at the first startup the Pistar doesn’t load some information e it stops to work after some minutes and with the workaround described above it comes back to work fine again.

Thanks for your support
Massimo
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: YSF problems after last Pistar upgrades v.4.1.7 – 4.1.8

Post by M1DNS »

Most of what im seeing is its related to one country... so I wonder if this is related to the no. of IT stations that installed a patch supplied by a couple of their fellow countrymen?

It might be interesting for them to try a new burn of 4.1.7 /4.1.8, which will remove the patch.

Its seems its a small no currently suffering this. Our area has a rather large ysf membership and sofar none of them here have been suffering this issue, myself included.

Im not saying its not there, just contemplating what might be different from urs vs ours and the 1000s of other pistar ysf users.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
IK4SWW

Post by IK4SWW »

Hi,

We did some tests using a new "fresh" installation of 4.1.8 without any italian patches and unfortunately the problem persists.
I read another amateur from Spain with the same problem (see: viewtopic.php?t=4784 ).
In our opinion it shouldn't be a regional issue.

Thanks
Massimo
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

4.1.7 and 4.1.8 contain changes to the dashboard (ready to support M17) and the OS so that the OS can update (somewhat) - neither update/replace the YSFGateway or MMDVMHost.

I will soon be releasing new binaries for all of the DV software that will bring us right up to date, and also a new 4.2.x chain running on Bullseye in progress, so lots of updates are coming.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
IW4EHJ

Post by IW4EHJ »

From tests carried out I confirm that even on version 4.1.8 updated to the latest distribution, problems are created in YSF which stops working after a few minutes of operation after startup and to start working again you have to enter the configuration and apply the changes without actually changing nothing in the configuration.

Tested both in the original configuration and with the Italian patch but the result does not change and in addition to not passing through the network, the Wires-X function of the radios does not even work and no response is obtained from the Pi-Star system.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

All the new binaries just dropped - see if that cures your issues.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
IW4EHJ

Post by IW4EHJ »

I tried again by making a new SD directly with the 4.1.8 file and updating the dashboard to 20240124 but nothing could be done.

After the first few minutes the system no longer responds to Wires-X nor to voice even though on the dashboard it appears to be receiving but without go online and I noticed that in admin if I try to put a different room the change doesn't happen but only the disconnect command seems to work.

After carrying out the procedure as previously explained by entering the configuration and pressing apply the changes without making any changes, the system actually restarts and works correctly.

It seems that at the first start some services stop working and then start again without having any problems after the indicated procedure.

If you have the opportunity to directly try what I did in order to check if the behavior is the same on your system or if it works regularly, it would be a good test.

I am waiting for information thanks for your availability.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

I was also having some issues with it, but not since I added the updated binaries.
if you only updated the dashboard that isnt enough - if you use the normal update link on the dashboard or "pistar-update" from the command line, that should do it.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
IW4EHJ

Post by IW4EHJ »

I tried to execute the manual commands sudo pistar-update and sudo pistar-upgrade from ssh which updated something even if in the dashboard update it tells me that it wants to update a file but then it says that the file is already updated and returns to the previous files of the pi-star but in the end the problem remains and I still have to carry out the procedure I found at every reboot if I want to use it in YSF.

The problem encountered does not only happen to me but to many both Italians and non-Italians.

We confidently await a solution to the problem that exists, however I thank you for your time and for what you do for the amateur radio community.

Good work.
Attachments
Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (176.47 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (188.36 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

Try after using rpi-rw at the command line via ssh.
--

Brian G8SEZ