Jumbospot Firmware update

General support for the Pi-Star System
G6JUP

Jumbospot Firmware update

Post by G6JUP »

Does anybody know the TCXO frequency of a 2018 jumbospot and whether it is classed as generic or not, the TCXO is not shown on my pi-star dashboard. I need this information to update the firmware using the dashboard firmware tool.
G8SEZ

Re: Jumbospot Firmware update

Post by G8SEZ »

Very probably 14.7456MHz, it's essentially a clone of the DB9MAT/DF2ET board.
--

Brian G8SEZ
G6JUP

Post by G6JUP »

I should have mentioned the findmdem command reports it a AFD7021 chip but does not show frequency. Is a clone classed as generic?
G8SEZ

Post by G8SEZ »

G6JUP wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:01 pm I should have mentioned the findmdem command reports it a AFD7021 chip but does not show frequency. Is a clone classed as generic?
I don't know how the various different names have evolved, all I can say is that everything works fine for me using the 2nd entry in the list.

It is entirely possible that more than one list entry will work for your board.
--

Brian G8SEZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

Either mmdvm_hs or mmdvm_hs_generic *should* work, the former has RSSI data forwarded to the MMDVMHost process, the latter does not.
you can re-flash the modem back and forth (although I don't recommend doing so repeatedly, at some point I expect the flash will wear out).

Configs that may help you understand what is what and how they differ can be found here: https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVM_HS/tree/master/configs
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
G6JUP

Post by G6JUP »

Thanks for help updated successfully using second one on the tool.