Coffee Shop Connection

Help setting up WiFi
w0lt

Coffee Shop Connection

Post by w0lt »

I've been using my Pi-Star Zero for some time now very successfully. Part of the ease of use was having WiFi access points that have a known password. I took my Pi-Star Zero into a local coffee shop the other day and tried to connect it to their free WiFi and ran into a problem. While the WiFi is easy enough to connect to, further authentication depends on abiding by their WiFi rules and responding with an "I Agree" selection . I have read some users experiences within the threads here but was wanting to know if anybody has successfully overcome this issue. :roll:
It would be nice if there was a feature within Pi-star to allow for this.

Thanks in advance, ;)

-tp (W0LT)
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Re: Coffee Shop Connection

Post by M1DNS »

known as a captive portal and theres is noway to have ur hotspot negotiate through it.

You could try to tether ur hotspot to ur phone via usb and have the phone connect to their wifi, negotiating their portal via the phone to make use of the free service.

Sent via smoke signals using my SM-G935F

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.
DF1KZ

Re: Coffee Shop Connection

Post by DF1KZ »

I solve the problem with the captive portals by using a travel router GL-inet A1300. My hotspot is connected by LAN to this router, the power supply for the hotspot is the USB-port of the router.