4.3.0 Beta feedback

General support for the Pi-Star System
KB1IEE

4.3.0 Beta feedback

Post by KB1IEE »

Andy, thanks!
I just set up a pi zero hotspot with 4.3.0 and it's doing well in YSF for now.

One bug I noticed - in the configuration page, the system time zone dropdown always shows Europe/London even if another zone is set and the configuration is saved. /etc/timezone also shows "Europe/London"

Through the command line I was able to change the time zone, just not through the config page. Minor issue, for sure.

Thanks!
KG6RUT

Re: 4.2.0 Beta feedback

Post by KG6RUT »

Not sure you want us to use this thread for 4.3.0.....

Wifi is failing I think due to the WiFi Regulatory Domain (Country Code) : drop-down being empty for me....

Also as noted in post above, TZ wont stay set thru UI.
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

KG6RUT wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am Not sure you want us to use this thread for 4.3.0.....

Wifi is failing I think due to the WiFi Regulatory Domain (Country Code) : drop-down being empty for me....

This is probably because I'm trying to cheat and keep using the old network manager, and not (yet) move to NetworkManager, I may well just not get away with that :(

EDIT: Now fixed with an update
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: 4.3.0 Beta feedback

Post by MW0MWZ »

KB1IEE wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:34 pm Andy, thanks!
I just set up a pi zero hotspot with 4.3.0 and it's doing well in YSF for now.

One bug I noticed - in the configuration page, the system time zone dropdown always shows Europe/London even if another zone is set and the configuration is saved. /etc/timezone also shows "Europe/London"

Through the command line I was able to change the time zone, just not through the config page. Minor issue, for sure.

Thanks!
Timezone set, should be fixed with an update.

EDIT: no it's not - still working on it...
EDIT2: Now it works... Pi-Star:4.3.0 / Dashboard: 20240208 <- this version is fixed, just an update away.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 am
KG6RUT wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am Not sure you want us to use this thread for 4.3.0.....

This is probably because I'm trying to cheat and keep using the old network manager, and not (yet) move to NetworkManager, I may well just not get away with that :(
All good here as I am plugged in always! TY!
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:50 am Timezone set, should be fixed with an update.
Seems like its still broken Andy. I pulled an update I think 1 or 2 changes to dashboard, but still wont stay on selected TZ.
DW7GDL

Post by DW7GDL »

4.3.0 is so painfully slow on my Pi Zero W simplex hotspot that I can't tell if it works or not. Changing anything in the configuration and clicking apply takes several minutes to stop services, apply changes, and restart services. Sometimes the services never restart at all and it just hangs. I updated it but that didn't help. 4.3.0 isn't based on the 64 bit version of Raspbian Bookworm, is it? That version needs at least a Pi Zero 2 while the 32 bit one is supposed to run on all Pis.
73 de Jay DW7GDL
PA5WIL

Post by PA5WIL »

wifi configuration is not working
KN2TOD

Post by KN2TOD »

MW0MWZ wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 am
KG6RUT wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:15 am
The wireless-regdb package no longer creates the /lib/crda/regulatory.bin file as it once did. In addition, the regdbdump program used to unpack/parse that .bin file seems to be missing.

This file is generally static: few, if any, new countries have been added to list. I would unpack the current file and add it to the /usr/etc collection of reference files and then rework the drop-down to reference that copy.
KG6RUT

Post by KG6RUT »

Just an FYI.....

So after updating my hat to 1.61 (a few weeks ago) my Nextion screen was a bit hosed up, mostly showing decode errors. This was on both 4.1.8 and the 4.2.0 code track. Now playing with 4.3.0 and the screen looks all correct again. Very odd since I am using the same backup that I have restored to each version....anyway, things seem pretty good here!

TY Andy!