Reflector linking problem

Help with YSF / Fusion issues
M0JSA

Reflector linking problem

Post by M0JSA »

Hi,
I have upgraded all my Hotspots to 4.2.1, thank you - a great job. I have a mix of Pi0W and Pi3. I have a linking problem with the Pi3. I have tried 'updating' but am told the software is current.

On the Pi0w, linking and unlinking YSF reflectors works entirely as expected. Using both the dashboard and Wires-x. On the Pi3 it does not.

The Pi3 dashboard shows no links, even with a start up reflector set. But it is connected to the reflector, sort of. If you unlink, and then link to another one the commands are 'handled' but no link is reported. Using Wires-X to link also connects as expected but shows no link on the dashboard. But there is more!

With the unreported link there is one way transmission between the hotspot and the reflector. You can transmit audio to the relector but you can't receive any from it. Doesn't even show a connection. Probably the 'faults' are related.

The only obvious difference betwen the two hotspots is the Kernal revisions. On the Pi0 it is 5.10.103, and on the Pi3 it is 5.10.103-v7+. Maybe this is significant?

Any help would be appreciated.

73 Alan, M0 JSA
DW7GDL

Re: Reflector linking problem

Post by DW7GDL »

Make sure the time on the Pi is accurate. The "clock" on my Zero W runs slow even though I leave the hotspot powered on 24x7 and if its time drifts too far, reflector linking/unlinking on the admin screen stops working until I SSH into the hotspot and set the time so it's current.

Another old trick to try when something isn't working right is going to the configuration page and clicking one of the "apply" buttons which stops and restarts services.
73 de Jay DW7GDL
M0JSA

Re: Reflector linking problem

Post by M0JSA »

Thanks Jay. I can't find any configuration option within the dashboard to set the time. However the times on the dashboard for QSOs look correct.

Bizzarly, it is now working properly! Linking and unlinking like a dog with a new bone, and with perfect 2-way audio.
Not from my doing! Very odd.

73 Alan, M0 JSA