OLED Display rotation

All things relating to OLED Screen(s)
KD8LWC

OLED Display rotation

Post by KD8LWC »

Does anyone know how to get the display rotated 180 degrees on the raspberry pi zero spots with the tiny OLED display. Also if you know how to get rid of the dancing MMDVM while it idles that would be awesome.

KD9LWC
Mike in Southern Indiana Monitoring.
2E0RNB

Re: OLED Display rotation

Post by 2E0RNB »

Im aware there has been an edit too allow the rotation of the screen i just dont think its made it into the current build yet as i think it was only done about 7-8 days ago, im sure it will make it soon as i am eagerly awaiting it also, i just dont fancy messing with files myself incase i break something but there is a guide in the OLED section if you are braver than me, and ive no idea on the second question myself.
2E0RNB

Post by 2E0RNB »

sorry, its not on the forum, its on the facebook page
KI4LLA

Post by KI4LLA »

I'm still not seeing the new option. I've done sudo pistar-update && pistar-upgrade from the command line (I see that's now on the web GUI too). I'm on version Pi-Star 3.4.16/Dashboard 20181111, but still no Rotate option. What step am I missing?
Darrell

73 de KI4LLA
KI4LLA

Post by KI4LLA »

Still having issues - after the update/upgrade, went to the Configuration page and pressed one of the "Apply Changes" buttons. Then went to Expert > MMDVMHost to make the change to the Rotate setting. Finally, I rebooted. Still does not rotate the display. :(
Darrell

73 de KI4LLA
VU2JCD

Post by VU2JCD »

Hi,

I have successfully rotated OLED display orientation by 180 degrees on my jumbospot MMDVM hotspot as described below.

Open http://pi-star/admin/ in your browser.

Go to Configuration -> Expert -> MMDVMHost and then scroll down to OLED and change the value for "Rotate"from 0 to 1.

Then click Äpply Changes" button (for the OLED section).

Your hotspot will restart with the new saved orientation.

Happy QSOs.
4S7EF

Post by 4S7EF »

I am running Pi-Star:3.4.16 / Dashboard: 20180728 and I do not see the ROTATE box.

Can you tell me what I should do next?

Thank you. 73 de Ekendra 4S7EF
4S7EF

Post by 4S7EF »

Done. Now it shows ROTATE

Thank you