Changed call sign with the same DMR ID (not changed pi-star database)

Help with DMR issues
TA2BCK

Changed call sign with the same DMR ID (not changed pi-star database)

Post by TA2BCK »

Hello everyone,

I have a simple problem. As far as I understand, the existing IDs are not updated while the DMR ID database is pulled by the radioid. Only new ones are being added. Because my call sign has changed and they have made the necessary update. So when I query on the radioid database, I see my new call sign. But unfortunately, I still get my old call sign via pi-star.

Could you please help me update my “TB2NRE” (old one) call sign of my 2862065 DMR ID to the new call sign “TA2BCK” on pi-star database?

Thank you in advance for your support. I wish you healthy days and a new year away from Covid-19.

Can ERDOĞAN / TA2BCK
K9PVC

Re: Changed call sign with the same DMR ID (not changed pi-star database)

Post by K9PVC »

Please update mine as well. I got my new callsign K9PVC on 12/18/20. Everything else had updated but pistar. (DMR ID 3168703)
TA2BCK

Post by TA2BCK »

Is there any ADMIN to help us? All pi-star users see my previous callsign on their MMDVM. please update DMRIds.dat and pi-star's DMRId databases. My callsign has been changed.
AF6VN

Post by AF6VN »

TA2BCK wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm Is there any ADMIN to help us? All pi-star users see my previous callsign on their MMDVM. please update DMRIds.dat and pi-star's DMRId databases. My callsign has been changed.
I suspect you need to take that up with the DMR ID Registry. They provide the database that the Pi-Star system fetches when it performs an update (and I think I've seen some messages implying that database isn't being updated like it should be).

--
AF6VN
Dennis L Bieber
M0VEZ

Post by M0VEZ »

Plus one for this
If I check on radioid.net... https://database.radioid.net/database/view?id=2341841#! ... it shows the new callsign correctly (M0VEZ)
However, my pi-star hotspot still shows my old (2E0PFF) callsign... so there's a disconnect somewhere...
It is showing correctly in the file that @KE7FNS refers to above...
M0VEZ

Post by M0VEZ »

ok I've manually overwritten the DMRIds.dat file onto the Pi and rebooted it.. and it's now showing the correct name - so it's pointing to the file updating side of things...