TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Help with DMR issues
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Post by MW0MWZ »

TGIF lands in single master mode.... its now available (like in the last few mins), after the next update.

If you want to use TGIF in DMRGateway mode - it will conflict with BrandMeister due to the TGs used.
If you have a modem/hat with dual radios (so you can use TS1) you can add the following to your DMRGateway config (using the full editor in the expert section).

Code: Select all

[DMR Network 3]
Enabled=1
Name=TGIF_Network
TGRewrite0=1,1,2,1,9999998
SrcRewrite0=2,1,1,1,9999998
Address=tgif.network
Password=passw0rd
Port=62031
Location=0
Debug=0
This will put TGIF on TS1, and leave BM on TS2, and DMR+ on TS2 also.

**NOTE: Please be aware that this can only be used in place of the DMR2xxx cross-over modes and not at the same time.
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
http://pistar.uk
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Re: TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Post by MW0MWZ »

You may also have to remove this line from the

[DMR Network 1]
Section

PassAllTG0=1
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
MW0MWZ
Site Admin

Post by MW0MWZ »

For a list of TG numbers for TGIF, see here: http://tgif.network/talkgroups.php
Andy

73 de MW0MWZ
W1KMC

Post by W1KMC »

Andy; did Robert from TGIF cry enough that you had to give in and add TGIF (see post 4 in here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1067, where you said you would NOT be adding this to Pi-Star default.

AND do you realize that if you put TGIF on Network 3 you wipe out the cross modes for either YSF or NXDN?

If you must copitulate to robert's whining to be added relegate hime to Network 5 (I read of adding network 4 and 5 on this forum but now cannot find the post)

We should not have to sacrifice one network for another and adding TGIF as a network 3 does just that (or make the crossovers DMR2YSF as Network 4 and DMR2NXDN as Network 5 [as XLX is separate unto itself already and be able to turn on all at once.

Since you did for one and set the president be forewarned of all the others that will now "Demand" to be added to the default setup, you should have stuck to your position.
I am no developer, guru, expert, nor do I claim to be or want to be. All advice I give is purely from experience and my efforts to help others.

W1KMC - Kevin M Carman
Bangor, ME
Jumbospot on a Pi0W
DMR 3123142 & 3123143
HHUS Trunk Ext 4329
K5MRE

Post by K5MRE »

There is no Network 4 and Network 5. What you're reading about is a fork that hasn't been merged in with the mainline code, or a pull request submitted to start that process.

So if you're going to cry about TGIF getting added, and whine about being added to Network 3, don't enable it.

You're not "sacrificing" anything as you're obviously not using it.

You want a better option? Spend the time writing the code, submit it, get it accepted, and be part of the community instead of complaining about things you get for free.
wx9kvh

TGIF Lands in Pi-Star

Post by wx9kvh »

Oops, revised below.....
Last edited by wx9kvh on Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
wx9kvh

Post by wx9kvh »

W1KMC wrote:Andy; did Robert from TGIF cry enough that you had to give in and add TGIF (see post 4 in here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1067, where you said you would NOT be adding this to Pi-Star default.

AND do you realize that if you put TGIF on Network 3 you wipe out the cross modes for either YSF or NXDN?

If you must copitulate to robert's whining to be added relegate hime to Network 5 (I read of adding network 4 and 5 on this forum but now cannot find the post)

We should not have to sacrifice one network for another and adding TGIF as a network 3 does just that (or make the crossovers DMR2YSF as Network 4 and DMR2NXDN as Network 5 [as XLX is separate unto itself already and be able to turn on all at once.

Since you did for one and set the president be forewarned of all the others that will now "Demand" to be added to the default setup, you should have stuck to your position.
So, the way I’m understanding this, is that for simplex boards, if you so choose to do so, you can switch from BM to TGIF. And if you have a duplex board, you can CHOOSE to add TGIF to TS1 and leave BM on TS2.

No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to give up any of the cross modes. If you don’t like TGIF, then don’t add the code, simple as that. Seems like people like to complain over things that aren’t being forced down their throats. Keep complaining about things enough, and some day it will all be gone. This is free, so NO ONE has room to complain about ANYTHING. And seeing as how Andy is the one doing all the work, I think he is entitled to do whatever he pleases with his software, that includes, but is not limited to “giving in” to whomever he pleases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W1MSG

Post by W1MSG »

Network 3 was by default HBLink and nothing else it was open to be used.

I was actually the one that recommended it be added to the defaults as TGIF is an alternate network and has gained popularity enough to be added. This was discussed this morning in an Admin Chat and Andy added it shortly after.

Also Andy never said he wouldnt add it. So if you are going to whine at least know what you are talking about.

Craig
W1MSG
KC1MAC

Post by KC1MAC »

W1KMC last I looked Pi-Star was free and open to everyone! Not sure what you mean by ; We should not have to sacrifice one network for another and adding TGIF as a network - Who is we?

Oh and the TGIF choice is already in today's update, so need to add it. Well On my hotpsot anyway :)
VE3RD

Post by VE3RD »

You cannot please everyone all the time. There will always be a whiner. I am glad to see the TGIF_Network added to Pi-Star even though I don't use it.

I am currently involved with modifications to the gateway that add a network 4 and network 5 and put TGIF_Network on Network 4 with radio switching to select the gateway you want to use. I am already seeing some push back on this as it does not handle the duplex boards. I don't see this being added to pi-star in the near future, at least until it does handle the duplex boards. Simplex users are welcome to add this to their hotspots as a patch, provisions have been made to reverse the process and return the hotspot to the original gateway. This new code will return Network 3 back to the whiners. I have two hotspots running this new code, and it appears to be really solid