MMDVM not Working in Duplex mode

Help with DMR issues
K7PA

MMDVM not Working in Duplex mode

Post by K7PA »

I have a "Jstvro" duplex pi-star hot spot. It works great in simplex mode, but when I change it to duplex mode, it does not respond to any transmission I make. I have the RX freq set to 430.4625 and the TX freq is 439.4625.
The radio modem is set to STM32-DVM / MMDVM_HS - Raspberry Pi Hat (GPIO). Does the moden support duplex mode?
I don't see a STM modem that mentions duplex mode
More info in attached images.

Thanks,
Ron, K7PA
Attachments
duplex-1a.jpg
duplex-1a.jpg (207.68 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
duplex-3a.jpg
duplex-3a.jpg (220.48 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
duplex-2a.jpg
duplex-2a.jpg (185.78 KiB) Viewed 3019 times
Ron, K7PA
Newport, OR
-•–• --•- -•• • -•- --••• •--• •- -•-
YL3IM

Re: MMDVM not Working in Duplex mode

Post by YL3IM »

Try using MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat (DB9MAT, DF2ET & DO7EN) for Pi (GPIO) as Radio/Modem Type.
K7PA

Post by K7PA »

The Frequency in the image was taken before I change to 433/439. I did check to make sure the Anytine radio was transmitting at the correct freq as well as receiving on the correct freq.

The MMDVM Hotspot had failed! The response when in Configuration was getting slower and slower taking up to 10 seconds to respond to a single key input. I shut everything down and then restarted the hotspot. It never started again. No lights nothing. I checked the power cord with another device and that is okay. I unplugged and replugged a few times. Nothing. So I’m returning this unit.

Thanks to all for your suggestions etc.
Ron, K7PA
Ron, K7PA
Newport, OR
K7PA

Post by K7PA »

I don’t think reimage will help. No leds. Even with sad card out you should get a led power light up. Nothing happens.

I have a couple other hotspots same brand same model. None of these have shown any of the symptoms this one has.

Ron, K7PA
Ron, K7PA
Newport, OR
KE2SJ

Post by KE2SJ »

I have exactly the same problem. I have high-quality duplex hats and cannot get them to work no matter what modem setting I choose, what mode I use, etc. I've had my settings reviewed and everything is as it should be. The duplex hats work on simplex. I've tried multiple cards and I calibrated my radio with a SDR (it was off by 2Hz or so). BER is low. I've given up having spent $150 on two hats. I've posted in forums and nobody's been able to help. I will stick to simplex.
M1DNS
Pi-Star Team

Post by M1DNS »

From the CLI

pistar-findmodem

Sent via smoke signals from my SM-G935F M1DNS (Admin)

Andrew M1DNS.
Pi-star Admin Team.